Friday, June 3, 2011

Tech, history could hold answer to cancer treatment

Clinical trials are a key part of medical research, but only about 3 percent of U.S. cancer patients volunteer for such studies. Dr. Peter Paul Yu wants to learn from the remaining 97 percent.
Yu is director of cancer research at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, where he also has a clinical practice. The organization is large — more than 900 physicians serving 700,000 patients in the Bay Area. Being in the heart of Silicon Valley, it has long had a great information technology system, he said. That makes for a great database on diagnoses, treatment and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment